This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Battery Charging???

You know I'm hopeless at charging:D!  I assume that to charge a car battery I need something along the lines of this https://www.amazon.co.uk/AA-Battery-Charger-Maintainer-batteries/dp/B00DW6RHN2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492713238&sr=8-1&keywords=car+battery+chargers

Am I correct?

Thanks a lot,

B:D

Update - I have a cheapo charger that has dual power supply, IE from regular home socket, and a car cigarette lighter. Is it better to buy an adaptor for the car lighter end so it can be connected to my car battery, or will it charge quick enough if just plugged into the lighter socket in the car? I know that it will work from the lighter socket but what I don't know is how long it will take and wonder if its quicker and safer to charge it from a separate car battery?

Thanks again guys,

B

4 hours ago, Pilot Ben said:

You know I'm hopeless at charging:D!  I assume that to charge a car battery I need something along the lines of this https://www.amazon.fr/5060114614956-Chargeur-Batterie-AA-mainteneur/dp/B00DW6RHN2

Am I correct?

You could use something like that.......they are for maintaining the battery, over a long time! So it is always ready to use! 

I have heard in the end, the battery will dry out. When using a maintainer thing!

You could just use your AC/DC field charger, to do the job! Or just buy a standard car battery charger! You can get them from around £20+ etc etc!

Update - I have a cheapo charger that has dual power supply, IE from regular home socket, and a car cigarette lighter. Is it better to buy an adaptor for the car lighter end so it can be connected to my car battery, or will it charge quick enough if just plugged into the lighter socket in the car? I know that it will work from the lighter socket but what I don't know is how long it will take and wonder if its quicker and safer to charge it from a separate car battery?

To me that sounds straight! Do you have 3 sets of wires? Or only 2 ?

e.g if you have three, mains, cig lighter "male or female?" and x2 croc clips..........?

Anyway I would always charge from the house mains! If you want you could charge by the cigarette lighter socket, but you will be taking energy from the car battery in the car! "car may not start, then :( " 

Its very easy to charge them 12 battery's up anyway......most modern car battery charger are auto these days! So its just plug and play..........or when green light is showing, its charged up :)