This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

EFlite "Convergence" VTOL Delta

• Club Members

Quick Mini-Review

Been around for a while now, has the VTOL able Convergence, so there's quite a few reviews, unboxings (and WHAT a box, it's immense, so if you need to smuggle it in its NOT for you!!) and first flights on YouTube.

Here's my extensive review...................... "It does what they claim".

Good Review, Eh?  ;)

It's not the absolute easiest Delta to fly in plane mode, its not the absolute easiest Tricopter to fly, but its perfectly adequate at both. IMO and from my background I went straight to acro non self-levelling and feel that self levelling mode is only useful to finally land after entering hover, and probably more useful with FPV than when LOS. You CAN fly in plane mode but it requires S....P...A...C...E !!!  However, I connected it up, took it into my garden, and in a swirling breeze was instantly flying eights in Tri mode, it gives that confidence.

A few have come unstuck with it while transitioning back to hover from what has proved to be too high a forward speed, it seems the only area the flight controller gets confused in and if (when?) you do you WILL end up in a high alpha posture with reduced control!  The only practical way to get out of this is to switch back to flight, then back to hover if you are now slow enough and have not stuffed it in. It'd read of this trait, so deliberately tried it out, its not as scary as many make out, but then I'm used to wrestling 3D planes at or beyond the stall and quad flying.

Why did I buy it?  Mostly because it is designed to accept FPV gear, which change will happen shortly after the quad build on the board now is done.  T/O and landing are if anything the highest risk areas with a conventional plane flying FPV and this can only help................can't it??  :D

Edited by Bravedan