This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Blade Inductrix FPV+

• Club Members

No, not the Blade Inductrix, the Blade Inductrix Pro, or the Blade Inductrix FPV, nor the Blade Inductrix FPV Pro, but the Blade Inductrix FPV+.

Ye Gods..........................  9_9

This is "the red one", red canopy and props, OK??    :P

Is there room for yet ANOTHER Inductrix?  Well, after a few flights after getting one today, I'd have to say......................YES.   OK, it's not cheap, in fact compared to say the Eachine E010 and that series it's downright DEAR, nearer the price of a brushless 180/200, but it does seem to be a well sorted item with development work costing money that has to be recovered somehow.

So what is different about this one?

Well, firstly its a little larger.
It has significantly larger motors.
The frame is more cross supported to cope with rough treatment
It has three flight modes, the "new toy" setting being a mode that helps to maintain ALTITUDE while learning. (While a little disconcerting to an experienced user, I can see the usefulness of this to new FPV pilots, many of whom find height maintenance the hardest to visualise and learn)
It has a sensible bright rear LED that by default indicates the flight mode Green/Blue/Red, but can be set to one of five colours as a means to identify "yours" when flying LOS with others, or who has just passed you when FPV "racing", etc.

And finally................ it has "Meiow Mode".  If the quad is grounded upside down and not under the sideboard(!), it can usually be quickly and conveniently righted by de-arming and re-arming, when a violent short burst of power to two props will flip it back (usually!). No more (or many less) walks of shame, and very useful when flying with others and unable to recover till they stop. Obviously I'm such a good pilot I don't need this facility, but in the interests of testing for others, it's been given a few operations, just to see, naturally.

The std Inductrix, even when user modded with upgrade motors and battery was always a little minimal with low duration. The first Inductrix FPV was not much better duration/power wise. The larger size allows better power and duration.

image.png.ede2003b36149e58962cd467aa3482b9.png
The battery is now the same type of flat 'n wide format with larger connector size as per the mCPX helicopter, and sits edge on in the frame to avoid blocking the ducts.

image.png.ecd4df1954c01dafdc15ee372485b638.png

It's actually 500mAh against the mCPX 300mAh, but I have been test flying the smaller 300 size and it has advantages of lightness for even better small space agility, yet still gives decent duration. It has one disadvantage though, in that Meiow Mode when the battery charge is full with the lighter weight can over flip it.

So far I'm quite impressed (as perhaps anyone ought to be at its UK price point!!)  It's nicely stable and beginners will love it, esp FPV beginners.

Me?  Well I like my RC models nervous, so a quad with such obvious beginner ability might be "dull", but setting the Tx rates to max available makes it a really good "groove on rails" machine that flatters your piloting skills nicely and overall its a fun machine.

More later once its had a trip outside and to a sports hall through the Hula Hoops!

Edited by Bravedan
  • Club Members

Well, so far outside flying has been off the menu unless I want it disappearing off to go swimming across Europe, and my normal Indoor meets this week were off due Bank Hol (Mon, which we knew) and tonight (Tue, when we got let down as nobody arrived to unlock, so had wasted journey).

Might get a flight or two in a big area at school on Thurs after the boys car racing...................  but have been flying around the house FPV today on the 300's, and provided you resist the temptation to stick the nose down and go for it, when its actually quickly too fast for the space, it manages very well. Seems a little more prone than the std Inductrix to getting sucked against walls etc so concentration required to slot the middle of door frames, etc.

Got some "high power"  but same weight packs coming from Drone Junkie tomorrow...............

The video works well for a legal 25mW too, perfectly adequate picture even through two solid brick walls or upstairs through a floor and two walls. Like all HH product though, its NTSC only, so a self seeking VRX like mine on my headsets that can hop NTSC/PAL is best, unlike my expensive Black Pearl screen which is not only manual but has a stupid awkward menu system to change it. (When you kick it into submission it works OK, its just SO unfriendly to use!!)

• Club Members

OK, the batteries from Drone Junkie arrived today.    

Up till now I only had the single battery supplied with the quad, an EFlite 1S 500mAh 25C, and some 6 month old Nano-Tech intended (and bought) for the mCPX Helicopter, 1S 300mAh 45-90C.

The new batteries are MyLipo.de 1S 600mAh 25-50C.

Have just flown one of these, mostly circuits, few piros and a little hovering, until the LEDs started to flash end of charge warning (though quad still flying normally).

It managed 7 Mins 15 Seconds, with as near as makes no difference the same punch at the end as at the start.

MUCH better than the original Inductrix loaded with camera, vtx, etc, even with the 260mAh  35-70C flat format Nanotech I have been using..