This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

MCPX Modding...

• Club Members

Yes, there are loads and loads of metal add ons, grips/swash/head/etc, just as there are for most Heli's, but in this case even more than usual of a complete and utter con..........pay lots of money for the thing to fly worse and the duration per battery to be reduced..........Super! :roll::roll:

At least there is no metal flybar cage.............. :lol:

I have a fully metal modded Sceadu, one of my four.........the parts new cost £600 on top of the std kit, the "T" head alone was £325 at the time.........(and no I didn't pay ANY of it, the price I paid secondhand was the same as a std one, so the buyer lost ALL his money!!)...........looks nice, but weighs well over 1kg more, sapping power, adding inertia, and all that for NO advantage in feel over the very good quality light composite used std...........

That Canopy's nice............ish............. :mrgreen:

• Administrators

Nice canopy, but the rest is naff... I like plastic, it bounces when it lands :D

More plastic = More impact absorbtion, but yeah, I'm a sucker for the bling too, you should see my Tamiya Mini, that thing owes me some cash :oops:

I did however get some nice bright yellow and pink blaes for my mCPX just so I can see it better when spending all night hovering in 1 place lol :lol:

• Club Members

Several (many!!) years ago when the Twister Medevac(s) started impacting indoor flying (in more ways that one :wink: ) the bling market started with them.

I was initially amazed how many people bought the bright blue anodised metal for fitting to a olive green (Army) scale appearance Heli.................. YUK!!! :?

One infamous Swanley night had 30 plus of these all bobbing a foot from the ground because they could not climb any more if they tried.......briefly.

I'd stripped mine of all non essential cosmetics, made the throws as much as possible, and as long as I remembered to avoid blade clash (which I did........most of the time) I was happily doing banked turns and getting a full twelve mins flying from a std 800mAh 2S.

Each to their own, but clearly I was in error to consider flying important.......... :roll:

• Administrators
LOL, I'm not actually going to buy this stuff, was just amazed at the secondary market for a micro-heli :)

lol, I know, boggles the mind though... £99 for the heli, then £600 to down-grade the living daylights out of it with crap.. :shock:

Bit of bling does look good though 8)

• 1 year later...