This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

CCPM Twister 3D "Expert version"

Not going to be much of a builder review as helo was ARTF kit. Also I am newbie to this, so the review will be very limited and from a point of view of a newcomer, and no way as good a Nuts Raptor 50 V3 Titan or Darren's Align T-Rex 450SE review :)

So this review is from a new comer to RC helicopters,

Twister 3D, Fully 3D Aerobatic

Why I bought this Twister

I was buying my Prangster from Avicrft as I was just coming back to the hobby and had also always wanted to fly helos to, so Ail "i think" said try this helicopter out its great fun and also great for you / me etc. etc.!

Basic about helicopter

There are two type's / models of this heloicopters a Sport version and a Expert version.

Sport version has a Carbon brush motor,

Expert version has a brushless motor.

This helicopter comes like 80% there in the box and also 90% build, all you need to do is go out and buy a Receiver, Speed Controller, Gyro and Li-Po battery.

no1512x3846od.jpg

Pictuers show's what you get in the box and how its come's, also in photo in the box are 2 Li-Po battery & changer, Receiver & ESC and Gyro.....but they didn't come with the helicopter.

The Build

The build was as easy as you would think a ARTF helicopter would be, I had to attach the main rotor blades & tail blades with there bolts & nuts, screw on the undercarriage and attach the receiver, ESC and Gyro with double sided tape & ties.

It was easy, but I still needed to know the information / knowledge that go's along side of the parts e.g how tight the bolts should be for the main rotor blades etc etc.

The manual is only like 8 pages long, 2 pages with some pictures showing you where to put the ESC & Gyro etc etc, the rest of it is all about safety information & spare parts :cry:

I found this to be very un-helpful and would have love to have a better manual and a little more help from it, but I take it that is it all you will get with ARTF carft.

no2512x38403jw.jpg

Photo shows, main blades & undercarriage all assembled, all that needs to be is to place the other parts on main body.

The servos, Gyro & ESC set-up

As this was my first fully 3D helicopter I did what I could and got all the servo leads in the right places in the receiver.......but the wrong way around doh!

I also didn't have a transmitter at the time of the build, which didn't help much at all :? .

Transmitter & trimming & Pitch / blade set-up

I had to go to Avicraft for this, as I have no idea in the world about setting up helo's, and still many never know :) . Avicraft set this all up for me as I watched and only touch around 15 to 20mins, before it was airborne just outside of the shop.

I ask the guy"sorry don't remember name" at Avicraft to set the transmitter / helo up for 3D flight as I was used to this from using Refex flight Sim, and he did, but in a very carebear way.

Thing left to finishes

Tie all wires up, so they don't get in the way of any moving parts,

Re-stick receiver to final place, so corkpit / canopy can be put on,

Tie up receiver areal,

Add padding to battery holder, so battery is held more firmly in,

Build / change / modified training undercarriage for this helo,

Some other very small things,

Will have to re-trim the helicopter again, as the CG has changed from moveing the receiver & Li-Po battery into right place, which we / I had placed for test flight.

no3512x3841au.jpg

Photo show's all parts on mainbody and is ready / has done a test flight

My first test fligth

I had a few fligths indoors after I got back from the shop which were only a few feet off the ground. I didn't put the training gear on :shock: , because it was not ready and I had been using the fly Sim & In-door /park flyer helicopter for some time.

I found I could take off, hover and land it with out any trouble, that's about all I could do indoors.

Finnished buidling

Helicopter is now finnished, all the wires have been tied up etc etc.

I've have done some more test flying indoors and have done my best with the triming as I can do. Will need alot of input from other before I can say it 99.99% done

no4512x3845au.jpg

Photo show's all wirer and stuff tied in place and ready to go...

My first real flight

Going to have to finish off the list and re-trim the transmitter before for first real flight outside.

Also have to have the training undercarriage ready to.... me thinks

Will need tons of tips, hints and help of other members, before its a 100% to go.

Helicopter sound

The bushless motor to me sounds abit like a jet engine to me, which is a very nice sound.......I think anyway :D

Final thougths

Well there was no way in hell that I could have build this, then set-it up on my own with out the help of Avicraft. So I didn't learn to much about setting up the servo rods arms & Swash AFR etc etc. apart from watching what they did infornt of me and listening.................If only I could remember it all :x

Edit :- If any1 wants to know the Specifications & Features of this helicopter, then I can bring the manual to the field.

• 2 weeks later...

Update :-

This helicopter also didn't come with any type of Li-Po warning system, so I went out and bought a 9V Li-Po saver for 3 Cells battery. Costed about 3 Pounds.

This type of Li-Po saver is just a red LED light and has no speaker.

pic0157512x3848mg.jpg

This photo, just shows that I have solder the Li-Po saver wirer's onto the ESC power connector.

pic0164512x3840mv.jpg

This photo shows, LED in place and tied down, also wire's have been tidyed up and also tied up.