This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Indoor Events 2014 - 2015

• Club Members

Hi,

I won't relate the full story, this'll be long enough, but I have ended up co-running "Kent Kopters", which is a BMFA affiliated club with the prime aim of helping beginners to get going with RC Helicopters in a safe indoor environment (all types inc quads, etc).

Due to management policy changes at our long term operating base, Charles Darwin Sports Centre (School implant), Biggin Hill, Kent and in order to operate ongoing we have to book ahead, pay up front, and meet the full panoply of sporting club criteria inc safeguarding policy, DBS (formerly CRB) compliance, insurance, etc. I have gone through and met all the new hoops for centre requirements.

Our fortnightly meetings have also at short notice been changed by the Centre from a Tues to a Thurs, though times are currently as before, 20:00 to 22:00. This occured as we were unable to pre-pay and book as far ahead as other non RC sports clubs wanting to use the facility.

The hall hire has also doubled from March though to be fair, the amount we pay as an existing hirer is still very reasonable compared to other current rates for sports space in halls, etc.

Our main problem is that we can no longer survive on a "receive funds only if people attend" basis, and of course these changes have occured at the worst possible time, summer, when INDOOR flying is understandably not paramount in peoples minds.

The bottom line is that if we cannot fund the advance booking process on an ongoing basis from NOW, there will be NO possibility to get back into this space and all possibility of Indoors in the area through next autumn/winter will have been lost.

So, there you have it, you now know the dilemma. I have probably two weeks to resolve the matter one way or the other. Its therefore put up or shut up time. I have done what I can to ensure a facility exists.

PM me if you think I have not wasted my time and want to participate!