This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

YT Ultimate .46

My new Ulitmate .46 arrived on Friday.

All looks good and no major issues on first inspection.

Have started the build and mounted the stabilisers and main wings. I have to say the build looks very good and so does the finish. Its all navy blue with a yellow stripe on the fuse and top wing. So it leaves you free to finish off the colour scheme in the classic ultimate guise or do what you want.

I have mounted the Satio 72 which is a bit bigger than suggested, but having read up there are guys with 90's in there planes. But as its rated for a 46 2st I recon a 72 will do just fine with throttle management and power to boot when required. I decided to mount the engine upside down as opposed to rotating it 45 degrees. This keeps the cowl more or less intact and a single large hole in the underside.

The fire wall was a sold bit of 1/4 ply but before i fit the tank I will reinforce the joins with some extra epoxy and tri-stock. Also, run CA along all the major formers and spars.

The UC fuse mount looks strong but, again a bit of epoxy and some tri stock will help absorb a hard landing in the ruff.

One of the things i am not sure about is the carbane struts are epoxied into the top wing. Just makes storage and transportation a bit of an issue.

Can wait to get her fired up and test flight next Sunday.

ultimate_46_artf.jpg.638cae53046f724325167ea2d1515957.jpg