This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

wanted: lead for Phoenix flight simulator.

• Club Members

The lead for my Phoenix simulator has been mislaid and I need a replacement. Can anyone help?

The lead I had had a 5 pin din plug on a black lead leading to a black box. Into this was a grey lead with a 3.5 jack on one end and a usb plug on the other.

Please mssg me if you have anything like that, or can point me in the right direction, thank you.

Oily :wink:

• Club Members

It might be hard to obtain a replacement, as Phoenix relies on detecting the adaptor lead to determine whether your copy of the software is genuine (there isn't any other copy protection in the software, and you can get updates effectively forever).

That said, HobbyKing do sell an adaptor that they claim is compatible with Phoenix: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... n_One.html

International warehouse only, though. Possibly this is due to copyright issues?

• Club Members

No, you didn't, at least it didn't come like that !! :wink:

What you had was a grey USB plug and lead (connected from the Computer USB port) which went to a black box and a black lead emerged from the other end which went to a 3.5mm Jack (connected to the Tx trainer port either directly or through an adaptor, in my case a jack socket to Futaba square plug). In your case the add on adaptor went from 3.5mm socket to 5 pin DIN, likely also black

The HobbyKing unit I have works perfectly well.....HOWEVER, I have the wireless one they sell (or sold, I'll look)

• Club Members

THIS is the one I have..............

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__24613__Wireless_9_in1_Simulator_Adapter.html?strSearch=wireless%20simulator

You can fit a spare receiver to it and go wireless, but it can also work wired, though unlike the one Martin lists (which I have not tried) you do have to get an adaptor to DIN to adapt the 3.5mm jack to whatever your training port needs.

• Club Members

The TX I have for the grandsons to use is a "short range" Futaba sport 6 with a 5 pin din socket for trainer lead. When this drops on the floor, I dont mind too much!

Bit worried about Martins comment re copyright, I bought the Phoenix from Avicraft many years ago, and the lead i described came with the new disc. My description may not be 100% accurate, but thats what I remember.

I think my lead was mislaid at "Fight nite" at the portcullis club a couple of years ago, I was rather hoping my lead might re-surface.

Never mind.

Geoff has kindly offered to let me use his lead, but it has the newer type TX plug.

Thanks,

• Club Members

Over the years the "ownership" of Phoenix has changed. As it has, so has the response to things like a lost lead, damaged lead, etc.

Copyright law notwithstanding, I very much doubt that anyone's legal department would be the slightest bit interested in a single person who owns a legal copy of the software on disk using any hardware simply to to run it on one PC, the tiniest of the small print or not. They have no reasonable system to replace (at even some cost) just a lead, so its THEM that are at "fault" really, law or no law.

After all, Spektrum cannot stop Lemon and Orange selling millions of receivers that run with their Tx's, nor can Futaba do the same with FRsky or Corona. In both these cases extremely large sums of money are involved.

You are not ripping them off, you are only ensuring you can continue to use a product bought and paid for.

Avicraft used to stock adaptor leads for Phoenix. Alternatively I can loan a square plug 35MHz Futaba 6EX Tx if you are interested, got two doing nothing as spares, done nothing for the last two years at least!!

• Club Members

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause concern with my comments about copyright. You've got a legal copy of Phoenix. I was just explaining why I suspect that "official" replacement leads aren't available - if they did that at less than the full price for the software it could be a loophole for people wanting to use it without paying.

• Club Members

Thanks for your time and concerns fella's, Geof L has kindly passed me a complete set of Phoenix "on loan".

I just need to solder up an adaptor lead to fit the Din plug and we should be all set.

Thanks again all,