This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

models and engines for sale

Due to having had a knee replacement I have decided my days of starting engines is coming to an end and will be going totally electric due to ease of maintenance and operation.

As a consequence I have quite a lot of gear to sell, I will list here and if there is interest can put up some pics

Laser 150 four stroke £150 at the mlment it is sitting in a Miles Hawk Speed Six very scale 84" span if complete then £250.

Wot 4 complete with engine 50 2 stroke plus servos £60.

Acro Wot looking like a Zlin 50L with engine etc 2 stroke both these planes are well flown and in gkod condition

Astro Hog in Criydon Club colours and croydon lettering on wings complete with a Laser 75 silver and blue great club plane

and a fabulous flyer looks great in the air £160.00

Proctor Antic with laser 50 four stroke very old timer looking and qualifies for vintage events .£130.00

Piper Cub clipped wing with Enya 46 four stroke on board glow by heli addict £150.00

superr tigre 90 £60.00

Saito 30 brand new in box £75.00

OS26 FOUR STROKE only had a few tank of fuel in box£70.00

Flight box starter and glow spanndrs etc can be split and open to offers

gallons of fuel

I akso will be selling a Miles Messenger 103 " span very scale and was the subject of six months artickes in RC Model Flyer and Flying Scale Models its a big pkane but onky weighs 13 lbs complete with Saito 120 four stroke if interested in scale comps this could be a winner£650.00

if any interest please pm me and we can discuss ir have a visit to sunny west sussex and view

pete

Hi Mark,

The laser 150 is stilll available ..I live in West Sussex and you are welcome to view thanks for your interest

Peter

If postage etc is required then it would be added to the cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Hawkspeeed six and laser 150 now sold.

If anyone is interested I can put some pics of the other gear on ghe site looks All is in good order reason for ssle regrettably is

inability to kneel down because of a knee injury and age

Pete

Due to being messed about I have decided to withdraw the models from sale.I would rsther keep in the garage or give to worthy causes, I am not sure what model flyers expectations are something for nothing cukture seems to prevail.

Pete

Pete, you could sell some of the motors and convert some to electric, even the big ones. Actually I still have Pete Shaw's old barnstormer 72". It flies fine with a big electric motor.

PS sent you a P.M.

• 4 weeks later...

Peter,

I'm recently back into modelling after a huge number of years. Just completed my first IC model (acrowat) and in need of a flight/field box and starter and that sort of thing. Do you still have yours for sale?

I'm in West Kent (SDMAC member). Could take a trip and would come with cash.

Regards

Ralph

• Club Members

Some have mistaken these for sale posts to have been the domain of Peter Royall.

I would just like to point out that this is not the case.

These for sale posts are the domain of previous much respected member Peter S. who also served on the Camfc Committee for several years and who was responsible for the building of many a fine prize winning scale model.

It is regrettable that Peter decided to remove his items from sale, but i,m afraid in my experience the "something for nothing" culture is predominant in the Hobby, and has been for many years.

Thank you for your time,

Peter Royall,

Chair.