This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

The Sacred Bin Bag Technique

The Sacred Bin Bag Technique has been used by R/C fliers for centuries. To complete it, you need a brand new cougar 2000, a radio fault, very hard ground and a bin bag. Lets begin:

Start by getting a new cougar.

Spend ages cleaning it.

Care for it.

Play follow the leader with a man called Peter Royall.

Do a loop.

Have a radio failure.

Crash.

Put model in bin bag. PICK UP ALL BITS. YOU NEED THESE LATER.

Cry in a corner, where no one can see you.

Carefully re-knit the entire plane, by using cheap cyno.

Repeat again every Sunday!

Edited by Guest
  • Club Members

:D

I never bring a bin bag to the field as I feel it is tempting fate. It seems to work most of the time!

If you have a bin bag available I believe it gives you a false sense of security such as "Never mind I always have the bin bag to carry it back home in".

• Club Members

Has anyone got any ideas for servos in a shoulder wing sports model (ripmax expression)?

Any standard servos should be fine in that model. I think you said you had HS-322 in your Cougar? If you're happy with those they should be fine in the Xpression. It's not a particularly heavy, fast or high-performance model, and the control surfaces aren't any bigger than those on a typical trainer.

There was an aileron servo (I think it was a Futaba S3001 or S3003) already in the model, but I have no idea what condition it was in. You might prefer to replace that with a new one, or at least move it to a less critical function (i.e. throttle). Lots of places will do a deal on 4x standard servos (e.g. Sussex Model Centre are offering 4x HS-322 for £32 or 4x Futaba S148 for £36), so 4 might not cost much more than 3 and you'd have the extra peace of mind from knowing the history of all of your servos.

Given that I think you're on quite a tight budget, there's not really any need to go for anything more than standard servos (e.g. digitals, higher speed, higher torque, etc).

When you say "radio failure", have you worked out what the actual problem was? You want to avoid the same thing happening again!