This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Do YOU check your servo extension leads?

Don't just plug them in, as I was flying my wot foamie, and when I was doing a FINAL check before the wing went on, I saw the extension lead plug had pulled out of the plastic socket. BEWARE!!!

Also, don't just waggle sticks, hold the control surface when you move it, as I held it, and the servo moved and the surface didn't. The quick link was loose. The plane had been brought home, and hung up until that day. I had touched NOTHING, yet 2 faults were present.

Spend an extra minute, save a plane and a 2 week rebuild!!!!!!!

I have seen this multiple times in copy cat / cheap ext. leads "from new as well"

Also I have had this happened to me in the passed as well........It may also happen with very old leads or badly used leads...

I have never had the problem with real JR or Futaba leads! "But they do cost way way more"

• Club Members

I have now hot glued all my extension, which work a treat.

By "work a treat" you presumably mean they connect, assuming you have not destruction tested them already!! :wink::lol:

A word of caution here. Many connector types are designed to have some compliance both for proper alignment along the full pin length and retaining the correct pressure between contact halves over time and changes of temperature. There is even the matter of ventilation for as rapid as possible drying out.

The apparantly simple (crude even) tag location system allows this to occur, but by hot gluing the cable exits you are limiting all that. So if you do it keep it to the plastic join between halves only.