This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

The Proctor 1/4 scale Albatros DVa

OK, Darren, You're on! Let's test the water and see how many Club members are still with us.

First I'll set the scene. I bought the Proctor 1/4 scale kit a couple of years ago, made a start, but as soon as I hit problems with the build put it to one side and built the Pup and most of the Bleriot instead. That took me until October 2007

I recently purchased an Arizona Models 1/4 scale AVRO D kit and intended that to be my next build having reached the final stages of the Bleriot. On opening the AVRO box I found it to be such a load of crap with 70% either missing or total rubbish that it's taken some 60 emails, twelve phone calls to the States, and a serious threat of legal action to finally receive a half-way decent set of stuff to be able to build the thing. It's still not worth anything like the $1500 but at least I've learned a lesson not to deal with them again!

Whilst all that's been going on I re-visited the Albatros and have stormed ahead with the build.

And here's what I have to show to date.

(Perhaps, Mr Moderator you will tell me the best way to ensure that the snaps I'm about to post may be loaded in a logical order!) Meanwhile, I'll try uploading them in reverse order. Bloody difficult to maintain continuity, but here goes. I'll try just three at a time.

The lower wings are completed.

58d85c7bd5cea_lowerwings.jpg.07082685fff1c5989bd8132062bfd7a5.jpg

58d85c7bd414c_nicetips!.jpg.35bae54532112c21e586b71ff48f55ad.jpg

inverted.jpg.390aafade9fb80d3998cd6dd26745d70.jpg

I'm paying strict attention to the thread already - but I feel distinctly useless in the face of more such skill!

At least I feel better that although Don can build such amazing detail, he cannot post pictures in the correct order :)

Sorry Don about the picture posting Don - Perhaps Paul can look at the system for that cos it does seem daft that its firs in last out so to speak.

Keep the pictures coming, and can I have some of your brains when you've finished with them? Ta!

Thanks for looking in, Jim.

I know it's stretching the present system but I wonder if there is a formula (copy and paste from a pre-drafted document, maybe??) that one can use to ensure a logical progression throughout a posting. You might also suggest to me the best place to position the captions seeing as 'ow I cannot include the pics within the copy matter. (moan, moan :roll:

Have a look at the thread I'm running on the RCSCALEBUILDER.COM site.

It's so much nicer to be able to just get it down "on paper" and push the button!

Here's the link... (you may have to register, but it's free!)

http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/for ... PN=1&TPN=1

• 1 month later...

Just to update you on the Albatros DV build.

I've finished the fuselage insignia and am now sorting out the front end. I'm altering the kit so as to make the top cowling completely removable to allow access to the ST 3000 and associated bits.

cowlbase.jpg.1ae8fa0f5401b3e75a8bdf13de35ebfe.jpg