This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Prop for ASP 46

• Club Members

Hi Ben,

11x6 or equivalent is about the right size for a .46. A 12x4 would probably be about right for a slightly slower, more 3D style of flying. You can get an APC 12.5x3.75 but this has a wider blade and might be a bit too much for a .46. Also, watch out for ground clearance with a larger prop.

hmm yes, I did use 13x4W and 12.5x3.75 on 50 / 55 size engines!

But on a 46 sizes, you maybe pushing it abit!.......But you could try a apc 12x4 as Tervor said!

• Club Members

I've certainly used 12x4 on several 46s (Irvine, OS LA) without problems. It's even listed as a recommended size for some 46s (OS AX, for example). IMO it's a much better prop for a trainer than the usual recommendation of 11x6, for example.

It is on the heavy end though for that size of engine, so you might find that there's not much in the way of extra revs at the top end of the throttle stick (i.e. not much difference between say 80% stick and 100%). If this really bothers you, you might be able to adjust this out with a throttle curve, but I never bothered.

Didn't you ask this question before? I'm sure I remember offering to lend you my selection of various APC props while I'm at the field? I think I even posted a list of all the sizes I have.