This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

New Speed plane Delta

I modified my old MagnumR after the last crash and found the RX to be faulty.

Here are a few RCCad drawings of the new Delta. It should be fast, just need to do some calculations to ensure the design is not nose heavy with engine in the front, but set back 3 to 4 inches as the wings are swept back bringing the c of g back as well.

Span 36"

Root Chord 20"

Tip Chord 6"

sweep 20"

Area 3.33ft2

AUW +- 36 to 40 ounces

oz/ft2 11 to 14

With this design the tuned pipe will extend to the rear edge of the wing thus no mess or goo all over my nice plane.

Colour scheme TBA and considering a dual rudder. The question i have always wanted to know is will a high speed delta with big control surfaces do a flat spin.....as well as go fast...

58d85c7beec94_image4.jpg.d6f9d2a42c67aad1b741eb55fc9cd10c.jpg

58d85c7bee0ae_image5.jpg.82b60327f8f59f29ed9a2edbdc9b5fea.jpg

58d85c7becfaf_image6.jpg.dca7927c51af2b33c6fd746ec93558d0.jpg

I like your quote, "it should be fast", I can't see you flying slow now.

I am presuming it will be a puller, if you want it to flat spin you should design the vertical fin as one big control surface :shock:

Yep she will be a puller alright using MVVS 40 and will cowl tuned pipe like my magnum.

As for flat spins we shall see, toying with idea of two servos on rudders then can have an air break effect as they can go into two channels.

and fast is good.......vrooooooom