This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

ME 109 E1, at Biggin Hill

I am sure there are 3 "airworthy" Mosquito's still!

There was talk / rumors with in this year, that one day there would be a Mos at Biggin Hill, in the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar collection! But I have not heard anything for a long time now! :(

• Club Members

I am sure there are 3 "airworthy" Mosquito's still!

It turns out that there are, but only since about a week ago!

I had been aware of two:

* KA114/N114KA is a restoration using most of the original metal but with all new wooden parts made by a company in New Zealand a couple of years ago, on behalf of an owner in the US. First post-restoration flight was 29th September 2012. Annoyingly, when I was in NZ a couple of years ago I was a couple of weeks too late to catch its last NZ airshow appearances before it was shipped to the US.

* VR796/C-FHMJ is a mostly-original airworthy one in Canada - one of the RAF surplus ones that was sold to Canada in the 50s for use in mapping their vast northern expanses. There is a good TV programme about the restoration, which is well worth a watch. First post-restoration flight was 16th June 2014.

What I hadn't realised was that the same people in NZ who rebuilt KA114 have just had the first post-restoration flight of another Mosquito: TV959/ZK-FHC. First post-restoration flight was 26th September 2016 - i.e. Monday just gone!

What I hadn't realised was that the same people in NZ who rebuilt KA114 have just had the first post-restoration flight of another Mosquito: TV959/ZK-FHC. First post-restoration flight was 26th September 2016 - i.e. Monday just gone!

About 2 / 3 weeks ago, there was videos of this mosquito! Doing engine start ups and taxing on facebook site's / utube! But I have not seen anything more about the first flight at all!

There should be another one soon "RL249" by 2020 or before, which is being restored and UK based! This is also know as "The People’s Mosquito"!

http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk/

But in the end its all down to money :?