This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Capiche 140ex

Big thanks to Steve for not only being the photo man on Sunday but also holding my hand whilst I maidened my Capiche.

I had lots of worry about if I got a dead sticks, gliding to the runway, how stable the flight and how the plane would fly ect ect.

The plane took off in just under half runway and is the best F"ing thing (sorry excitement) I have flown to date. 1 click right and 2 clicks up, it was so stable that it put some trainers to shame. I also had concerns about landing so on first lanidng I chopped the throttle just before the threshold and it stopped at the half way point on the runway, the following landings was with the engines power with no dramas (bit of rudder to slow the ground speed off first attempt just in case).

I am over the moon with this model it harriers, knife edge loops, rolling circuits and prop hangs lovely, it could do with more elevator but I ain't really fussed about that and on the next flight I need to sort the slight knife edge coupling that is needed.

The engine has the wrong exhaust on it so I am not seeing peak power, the prop is only getting up to 7,800 RPM which is a bit below of my target of being in the 8,800 power zone which we were near when running in (8,200-8,500RPM) but I have another exhaust on order which I hope will improve this. Even with the engine at this RPM the power of the YS170 with APC 19x8 was very nice with the fast flight not being too fast and pulling powe pulling vertically nicely.

I am looking forward to flying this model again.

Indeed what a nice flyer! Sounded the part to :lol:

Looks like you are going to have alot of fun with that bird!

I always thought the Capiche was a " Fan-boys " plane, but after seeing how it flow on your first flights, I have changed my mind! And that was only your test flighs :shock:

stickmen-holding-hands-peace-shirt-pi_mg-2_PI69.jpg

I hold you will hold my hand, when I test fly the new club trainer plane later on today!

Lets just hope its as stable as the Capiche was :P