This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Extra-wot

Had the pleasure to test fly Geoffs new Xtra-Wot this morning.

It was a little windy, but this is not an ARTF and handled the conditions very well.

After a little rudder trouble, we got everything set, and after a couple of flicks the Laser 180 was purring away.

Very little correction required after a very quick takeoff at full power, and basically everything went as expected for such a proven design. After some trimming, and a couple of settling circuits she did loops, rolls, inverted and stall turns easily, and the stall was non-existent.

Geoff had a little stir, then I came in for a landing.

All went well but with a slightly high tickover we ended with a little too much ground speed and she just ran off into the long grass at the end of the runway.

A little more aileron movement, and a little more elevator exponential were added to the radio, and then it was time for me to go, but I hope Geoff managed at least one more flight with her!

Thanks for letting me test her out mate - just like a big Acrowot :)

I saw Alan & Lee making there way to the airfield on Thursday morning, as I went a different way to work. Due to the traffic on the mad mile!

I knew, I was going to be late........ So I thought about turning my van around and heading to the airfield :D. Because if you are going to be late you may as well be an hour or two late!

Sounded like all went well, with your flying skills and Geoff building skills! What could of happened :lol:

Jimbo, have you heard of an 8 Foot " 96inch " Extra Wot or any type of Wot which is that big?! The Extra Wot is 71inch.

Somebody wants to sell me it! HEHE its setup for dropping bombs & stuff, air lunching gilders and towing as well!