This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Wanted. Good 61/10cc two stoke nitro engine.

• Club Members

Does anyone have a new or good used .61 two stoke glow motor they wish to dispose of at a reasonable price?

I`m in the market for one to go on another 60" Ultra Stick.

Perhaps give me a call if you have anything suitable please. 01883625406

Thanks,

Mike Kennedy

• 5 weeks later...
  • Club Members

Ok. No problem.

A nice un-used and seemingly never run vintage Irvine "Red Top" 0.72 sourced by the ever enthusiastic and helpful Rob Newman at Avicraft. Rob tells me it was a spare engine kept back from his days with the Panic Team. This motor has the Irvine 0.61 crankcase with a larger displacement cylinder liner and perhaps is also stroked at the con rod and crank. Rob supplied it to me at a reasonable price complete with what I believe to be a "quiet" silencer. I`m well pleased with the buy and thank Rob for his efforts in finding me a very nice engine.

Now fitted to a scratch built Ultra Stick 60" fuselage with a 12oz tank in the hope it may be a suitable air-frame with which to take A and B tests this year. It currently shares the same wing from my electric version but when the slow banana boat arrives in Hamburg from Vietnam, Horizon have promised me the first available spare wing that arrives in their German warehouse. Availability is expected from mid-March 2019.

Mike

20190213_145414.jpg

20190213_145331.jpg