This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

James Holland website. Griffon Merlin

• Club Members

Guys,

I tripped over James Hollands web site this evening. James, as many will know is a terrific TV presenter of World War 2 related programs and has an amazing ability to explore and capture little known facts relating to the conflict. His interest in this period of history goes back many years and incredibly has managed to interview many of the participants....in fact I`m quite taken aback by the number of interviews he conducted. Almost my entire evening tonight has been spent browsing his site. What he has achieved is an outstanding record of anecdotal evidence gleaned, for instance, from the last surviving Battle of Britain pilots. This includes the enigmatic, charismatic Bob Doe and the quietly spoken Tom Neal to name but just a few. By James own admission, the site is a bit rough round the edges, but that matters not one jot. The contents are fascinating, typo and recording errors included. In no way do they diminish his efforts.

So here is the link to the site. I hope many of us will view it because it opens a very fresh view on how we might view the Second World War. If you really want to explore the dynamics of how to shoot down an enemy aircraft, then viewing the Tom Neal interview will leave you astounded. His views on Leigh-Mallory, Keith Park, Hugh Dowding, Sholto Douglas and Douglas Bader are very firm and he doesn`t mince his words. I can`t recommend the site highly enough.

James Holland web site Griffon Merlin Forum

Mike K