This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Jamara Pitts S1

Those of you who saw my Cermark Pitts flying will know how well it went.

Sadly, it didn't survive me doing a limbo in the fun-fly, so when I saw this kit on the BMFA for only £80 it seemed a good replacement.

Not as big as the Cermark Pitts, and not as good quality, but at the money I wasn't going to moan. Anyhow it arrived Saturday in a big box and will be test flown tomorrow (Friday) hopefully.

I fitted the OS BX1 1.08 2-stroke that was in my other Pitts, so it should go like a rocket. I did have to cut 25mm off the front of the motor box to allow it to fit though!

Here's a couple of pictures to wet your appetites - see how big the prop is :) 18x6 on a 1350mm wingspan plane! heehee

IMG_0568.JPG.b23c14c9774dc19382f886dc1c05fca0.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG.579a303b5fd4e4b668311c50f9f1d12b.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG.da4a9eaed3563f241ccd5224f5403c8f.JPG

Test flew the Pitts this afternoon - lots of power, but a couple of little problems to iron out.

The tail wheel has come adrift (already). I didnt like the way it was fixed to the rudder, and sure enough its come off.

Also, the engine needs more cooling. I think I'll cut some more out of the cowl first of all, and then maybe fit some baffles.

Looks good though and is certainly speedy! Bring on the limbo!