This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Du-bro prop balancer and size chart.

• Club Members

A lull before my next project begins means some time to sort out all my propellers.

I`d struggled with my late Fathers rather small prop balancer. The props I`m now using are generally between 13" and 18". Clearly a decent balancer was required. Choice is somewhat limited and prices are not so cheap. In the end I plumped for a Dubro unit which generally retails at about £36. Justin at Rapid RC knocked the price down by £3 probably due to the volume of mail order business I`ve pushed his way during this lockdown period and the inability to get over to Robs emporium. In any case Robs shop is closed for the duration but he has just started sending goods out via the economical and fairly quick My Hermes carrier.

So the Dubro balancer arrived next day and what a useful piece of kit it is. Every prop I own needed some work as a result of being placed on the Dubro unit. It is simple and straight forward to build up and use. Before use, you should level your working table to ensure utmost balancing accuracy. Yes, its not cheap but it is a precision tool. You get what you pay for.

This link is useful for ensuring you are fitting the correct size prop to any i/c engine. Its most useful. Prop Charts For Model Airplane Engines - Model Flight

Mike

20200430_143615.jpg

20200430_143625.jpg

20200430_143856.jpg

Edited by Mike.K
Typo corrections