This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Fournier RF4

Here's some pics of my latest model, the RF4 Fournier from a Mick Reeves kit. At 1/4 scale it's a big model - 9 ft span.

Powered by a thirty year old OS FS 60 she just stepped into the air on the maiden flight and needed no adjustments to the surfaces to give me a relaxed ten minutes. For subsequent flights I've moved the CG rearwards to enhance the rolling axis.

I also fitted a commercially made retract from Unitract 'cos my home-made affair was crap. It eventually collapsed causing the ABS cowling to split.

I have some video of the maiden flight and I'll post it when it's been edited

takeoff.jpg.377fa35aa822dc11e79e31fb29ff09bc.jpg

cockpit.jpg.0ebb538cf394e8945bfdd6bae5ac13f4.jpg

• Club Members

Serious quality!! Very good "real world" feel to the surface finish/scheme. Looks better IMO than the more common red or blue trim on white.

That full size plane as you probably well know was involved in a serious incident having an argument with a wall on take off in 2003 in Somerset when the pilot got his distracted by his map being stuck in the landing gear and at the time it was stated as "Beyond Economic Repair", but rebuilt and flying again by 2005.

Note no sign of a map in the model..............good thinking! :lol::lol:

PS, is the little red button on the top of the stick the guns.......................

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

What a wonderful thing the internet is. A friend of John Marriott, who also owns an RF4, had sent a link to the CAMFC forum to him for interest.

John posted his comments re. my model and I emailed him this morning offering to post pix of his aircraft here.

He has already responded and I have pleasure in showing the full size here and now :D

John said..."I’ve attached a couple of photos of G:AVWY – I think your model actually looks better!"

Isn't he kind!

[attachment=1]Full Size Take Off.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]JohnsRF4.jpg[/attachment]

As I said, "isn't the internet wonderful !"