This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

YT Spitfire

Jimbo

• Club Members

Neat.

Still begs the question as to if you are intent on modelling a specific plane at a specific date in it's life (the plane it's already serial numbered for?) or are being more free in how you develop "your" one? The only Spitfire book I have is the Ian Allen "Special", labelled as "New light on an historic fighter", 1972, my copy from 1977......it claimed at the time to include previously unpublished pictures.......you are quite welcome to borrow it but it's probably too superficial for your purposes.

Well at the moment Dave, the model is prepainted (as you will have seen) to be DLK "Brumhilde" of Johnny Johnson.

This is a MkXIV.

I am not too interested in scale fidelity - this isnt a scale model to enter into competitions with, its still an ARTF (I would not enter it into a class where people had built their models - just my opinion, not anyone elses :))

That being said, if its marked up as a specific aircraft, then anything I do will reflect that model as far as I can be bothered.

I've yet to properly look at any photos of this variant, and my entry into the world of CAD is jut to stop me falling asleep while working nights - but I know the aerial mast will be correct, and the Hispano cannon will be near - what I end up doing will be close to the real thing.

Its going to be a flyer thought, not a museum piece!

Ive ordered the Osprey book on the Nigeria Squadron 91 which the aircraft is from, and all will be revealed - its the top one in the picture.

osprey-2.jpg.21e5c8929d308cff2b914a50826520c6.jpg

• 3 months later...