This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Peter Shaw's Miles Messenger Mmmmmmm!

Thought I would post this up on behalf of Pete as he is doing a bloody lovely job on his latest project. You can see the size of this beauty as in the last pic the fuzz is sitting on a workmate, say no more. Well done Pete.

We, as in the club and its members, so all of us, have had great coverage in the February issue of Ken Sheppards, Radio Control Model Flyer once again, thanks Ken, so grab a copy and have a look through.

Can't wait to see this one on the flight line at Old Warden in a couple of months Pete, Cheers. :D

• 8 months later...

Just in case noone saw the finished plane in R/C Model Flyer I have posted a couple of pics which give a brief idea of what it looks like. Problem that I have now is it will not fit in my car and so far gary B has been kind enough to transport for me.

re your query. G-AKIN is still flying and now belongs to the Sywell( Northants) Trust. It remained until very recently in the same family ownership from new and was raced in the Kings Cup Air races by one of the brothers Spiller( Northants farmers).

I always had a passion for this particular aircraft and since I stared modelling it was always on my things to do. Since retiring I found I had the time and ran out of excuses. With a gentle prod from Ken Sheppard,the ed of RC Model Flyer,who convinced me it would be a worthwhile exercise in doing some articles I succombed hence it is now finished. The plans were issued by the mag and are excellent. Very detailed, a lot of work but well worth the effort. If any one is interested I can bring along to club night sometime along with a lot of info I gathered on the way to completion.

Hope this helps

Pete