This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Magnum Mini

Her Klunk

• Club Members

Last one of those I saw up there was a Sevenoaks member when several turned up one weekday afternoon.

It was it's maiden.....it lasted about ten feet...............torque rolled in ............. :|

West engined?

Back at work so not much time to post details of Mini Magnum or pictures.

However, my setup is as follows,

West 36V and tuned pipe,

HS645MG on Elevator,

HS85MG * 2 on flaperons, mounted side byside in fuse, on to each torque rod.(had to do a bit of surgery to get them to fit.)

HS82MG for throttle,

The model if in electric guise has a removable canopy for battery acess. I have tpaed the canopy on for now and will ad a latch as I want to fit a rudder and need acess to top section of the dec to fit a rudder servo. Then can do some high speed knife edges and flat spins etc.

Set CofG midd point at 120mm but need to go back to 125 as elevator effectiveness as speed drops reduces significantly due to small wing arreas and wing loading. Will get data for wing loading this week end by think its in high twenties.(ie jet like)

The west engine is very tight and makes starting by hand difficult until engine is at running temp.

The Battery back was convered from flat 4 to 2 by 2 and located next to throtle servo. The Rx is in Foam above Feul tank located under canopy.

I had to move the switch back 1 inch as elevon servos where binding on switch. (the std single aileron servo would not bind).

Aileron control throws recomended where a tad to effective so dialled in 25% throw reduction at high and low rates.

Pics to follow....will be up at field on sunday to ring her out some more.

Will not have rudder fitted until setup and c of g 100%.

Also no really low passes until 100% setup and all surfaces controls etc tested and checked.

Andre