This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Alfa Model Focke-Wulf Ta 183 Huckebein

• Club Members
Can anyone recommend or has got some matte varnish that wont destroy Depron? I want to seal the decals on.

The paint finished surfaces are not matte are they, they are usually that awkward to copy the exact sheen of "satin"?

In most cases its the aerosol propellent that attacks Depron, so brushed is less risky if you can keep to a minimum layer, but it is an issue. Johnson Floor Polish is often recommended, as is the water based floor finishing that B&Q sell, probably the same stuff without the label. I have used Johnsons successfully, but test test test on scrap. Do any of the decals go across joins where bare Depron might be encountered with seepage, if so be especially wary.

I have sprayed Depron, using Tamiya aerosols and polycarbonate model car shell paint, very lightly and held so far away that the paint was hitting the depron almost dry. But then that was bare Depron, not already having a surface colour coating.

Gerard has both my examples, done on Darts, so you will probably see them on Thurs.

Well we sucessfully flew the Huckebein today at Fickleshole. Thanks to Emay and Arun for the hand launches.

No real bad tendancies, despite the warnings on the forums about the models tendancy to loop into the ground on launch.

We simply did a couple of test glides, then on the third go I simply applied throttle to gain speed and off she went.

Getting around 6-7 minutes at the moment on a 3S 2100 pack, but Leon reckons that was leacing around 48% in the pack so I think 8 minutes will be easily achievable.

A couple of pretty good landings, with just a little mushiness of the controls at very low speeds. Lets see how long I can keep it in one piece!

I don't know if anyone took any pictures, but I will attempt to get at least one flying shot here at some point.

We also test flew my new Reno Racing Voodoo Mustang today, so a great day for me :)