This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Toothbrush plane?

This is the motor that I just took out of my old disposable electric toothbrush.

Whilst cutting it apart, it did become apparent that I could change the battery and the brush, but its too late now isnt it :D

[attachment=0]IMG_0719.JPG[/attachment]

So, my idea is to try and make this into a little free-flight model for the indoor sessions.

Runs of 1.5v (it was a AAA cell in the handle) so I'm thinking one of the e-Flite LiPos at 3.7 might just work without smoking the motor too early. I could always put a resistor in but thats be a waste of volts!

So, what design? I want it small and light and stable - anyone got any suitable plans?

The motor case is 15mm long and 6mm dia.

• Club Members

Got the perfect one, the "Dart", dating back to FF days only, is available as a rubber power plan from the BMFA for kids to make in their education section, quick build and will fly exceptionally well even if built horribly skewed (not suggesting, BTW!! :lol: ) and easily trimmed to fly circles, etc.

You lay the plan face down and stick the supplied balsa sticks to it direct, then cut out round the sticks.

http://www.bmfa.org/education/kits.html

It's been done with micro gear as RC.

• 4 months later...