This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Beechcraft Staggerwing

My latest project now completed,have to admit it has sat around on the building bench whilst working up the enthusiasm to paint,now done using KLassKote epoxy paints.

engine is a RCV 91cd which just fitted in the cowl so no chopping bits off the aluminium cowl which was quite a bonus. Colour scheme is based on the Staggerwing at White Waltham.

Roll on the good weather so I can have the maiden flight

Pete

Thanks for your comments. I will post a flight review when the weather gets better. Should fly ok as the weight is within the spec and having flaps on the bottom wing should make it easier to land.

Trev have you flown the P47 yet. Let me know how you get on and Dave same question for you have you flown the Aeromaster yet?

Peter

• Club Members

Nope, and while the weather is poor and the patch relatively rough due the worm casts, probably not about to! :wink:

It's now the longest gap between finishing a plane and it's first flight with me by a long way!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the update it looks good. I had no doubts as to its abilities to fly well. No doubt you had the nav lights working etc. Should last a lot longer than the film covered ARTFs

Looking forward to seeing it fly at the Southern Model Airshow with the warbird slot.

really pleased it went to a good home

Pete

PS

I may be selling some more of the scale models due to an eye problem I will let you know what is on offer after the 8th March

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
  • Club Members
and Dave same question for you have you flown the Aeromaster yet?

Peter

With decent conditions, sunny, mild, a light easterly breeze, and the patch finally short enough to trust the low spats, YES!!

The Laser started first time and sat there idling. I hate these unreliable engines!!! :mrgreen:

Let it run almost the full length of the patch before squeezing it gently off scale style and climbing out like a real plane into square scale circuits.

Couple of clicks of up elevator after a couple of circuits getting the feel had it trimmed out well.

After years on totally overpowered and over surfaced funfly/sports types, it's a nice change to have to work the plane to do aeros.

Pete, as you know, the only things I have done are:-

1. Added a "Pete's Pilot"

2. Removed the central aileron servo and bellcranks/rods and fitted two wing servos. These are wired so I can set up spoilerons /flapperons, but I didn't use them for anything other than ailerons today.

Square landing circuit and central patch greaser..................NICE!

Dave,

Thanks for the flight update. Glad you enjoyed it. The pedigree was good and the Aeromaster was the bees knees years ago when you had to build from a plan or a kit non of this plastic stuff!!!! Thanks for the picture looks really good. May have some very scale ones to sell in the near future,I w2ill let you know

Pete