This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Fickleshole Site for Phoenix

• Club Members

Aww thank you Arun! Really appreciate that :D

I think half the reason I've picked it up is exactly because all the tools are simple. A pain - but simple. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has managed to pull apart the creator program - with the top site developers using home built "creator" style programs that makes the job a lot easier.

There is one thing that I'm looking into, I was reading that they use alpha masks so that planes actually get stuck & penetrate into the scenery 3D style, using lassoo tools to cut around branches etc - Pheonix creator can't do that so they must be loading the Cubemap DDS files into something else to get that level of detail like photoshop or similar with special plugins. One day I will crack it :D but as usual, they all say what there doing but never say how!!!! :evil:

Shane :plane:

• Club Members

Well the progress continues ...

Recently, I decided to learn how to put together panoramic photos and this is the second test - the first one of my dining room didn't quite go to plan - here's the results of my efforts!

It took a made up tripod assembled out of some outdoor Arial tubing, a speaker stand and a mini tripod stolen from a set of lazer in my partners DJ rig and a cardboard cut out with all the angles needed on it - very crude, cost nothing but it appears to work! The camera was a run of the mill Sony DSC-WX5 in manual mode.

I edited the photo initially in PTGui and then the extracted the Zenith and Nadir from using Subercube - a free Photoshop plugin and tidied it up the best I could! So what do ya think?

• Club Members

Hi Shane,

Looks good, but can't really tell that much till its cubed, which I can do no probs, but not on that low res an image of course.

Pass me a 8160x4080 pixels .jpg or .bmp, and I'll look in depth?

• Club Members
Looks like you've nailed the panos! Now on the right lighting day to repeat for Fickleshole :)

Just waiting now for some good weather! It does really take some skill and patience to build these images .. I'm finding that the software struggles really badly with anything that moves - the sky, trees - that bloody washing line!!! Also the sun came out half way though taking the initial photos - that didn't help with exposure at all .. It hard work this photography business :lol:

Hi Shane, .....

Pass me a 8160x4080 pixels .jpg or .bmp, and I'll look in depth?

As i did it as a test, I didn't stitch the pano at that higher resolution - takes such a long time - the highest I have is 4352x2176 @ 600dpi.

So I have blown it up in Photoshop to your size and saved it as a jpeg. You can download it from HERE

I hope that's OK .. if you need it in a higher resolution than that, it will need to re-stitched ..