This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Nijhus Modified RCME plan of a HAWK Jet

I have done it again and modified a RCME plan and build, about the tenth version of the Hawk. This time I beefed up the fuse to take a MVVS 40 and tuned pipe and changed the wing build design to allow two hardwood spars to run along the length of the wing and used a 12mm balsa to make the wings , increased by 2mm and profiled with plane and sanding block.

I have beefed up the elevator servo and control rods to cope with the heavier load and greater stress.

This plane while not as aerodynamic as the MagnumR will be as fast and weight about the same. So should be fun to burn up the skies as did my previous Hawks.

By the way if I remember right I sold or exchanged one with Gary....and Mick be nice to see my planes at the field.

Anyway here is a bad phone pic of the plane bits prior to starting the covering and final assembly.

Last night have completed most of covering in Red for Red arrows scheme and finished all hinging and control rod attachement.

Need to glue main wing to fuse add engine and finish covering and set the control surface deflections etc....and fly sometime this weekend if I am lucky.

Looks like a Magnum with less of a delta wing. Is the engine the same as what is in your Magnum?

I think I have fixed my problems with my Magnum but not sure if I am bringing my Magnum or Mirus this weekend. I am currently waiting for some servos (hopefully arriving tomorrow) & need to build a servo tray for my mirus, I also need to touch up the elevator tip with some paint.

I think my Mirus & your Hawk & some formation flying :D:

Yep same engine so with a little luck should be as fast if not faster...last one i built had a TT42 and tuned pipe and was very fast on a 10*7 and made a great prop noise....had to prop up as was making too much noise.

I hope to have mine up there on Sunday so you can have a look at the new version.

If you look at this web site you can see what it started out as, before I got my hands on the plans. I turned a plane into a ballistic missile.

http://www.westfieldmodels.co.uk/index_ ... ge0001.htm