This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Which plane next

which plane next  

2 members have voted

1. 1. which plane next

• Sukhoi SU-31
    • Mustang P-51D Lou IV Blue/Silver

I was thinking about getting a depron as I like electric flight, it is very nice, clean and hassle free.

Seeing as DP has the depron I was tinkering with an idea of another model but can't make my mind up on which one of these two

Your help is appreciated.

Who said I did not like WWII planes :wink:

Here are the links

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29_46&products_id=646

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29_46&products_id=854

Well afew weeks ago, I would have said go with the Su-31 with out thinking about it. Just because that me!

But now thing have charged / are charging after seeing Jimbo Hanger 9 P51. The P51 is starting to rub off on me, or maybe its just the way Jimbo flys it :P

Having said that I would say this also, but this is only my point of view....

P-51 :- Would look better than the Su31 if you did more realistic type moves,

Su-31 :- Would look better than the P51 if you did more 3-D flying / display team show flying.

"Hope you can understand, what I am trying to get that"

Edited :- Hmm the Su-31 costed half the price of the P51, so maybe that will help you decide :lol:

My only concern with this type of light electic flight models is the undercarraige mounts.

Whilst our strip is good, it's not a bowling green and I think you'll find the U/C rips out on anything less than a perfect landing.

If you strngthen it you add weight and that will probably spoil the handling.

But if I had to choose, it would be the sukhoi for me :wink:

Darren, I already have an Extreme Extra 300 which is very similar to these planes, the only damage I have done to my Extras landing gear is to the spats and slightly damaged one side of the fuse on a hard harrier landing, I have since repaired and super strengthened the fuse on the Extra.

These planes take off and land in a matter of a feet (when the grass is short), the reason I looked the Sukhoi is have you seen the CAP232 undercarriage?

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29_46&products_id=644

403012.jpg