This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Pangster Bi-Plane

Well after seeing and talking to Rob about this model for over 3 weeks now in Avicraft. And now after I had been working there all day, with it always in the corner of my eye!

I in the end gave in and had to buy it!

Below Photo :-

Coming to a field here you, soon!

pic0982676x507ab9.jpg

Some info :-

Both the top and bottom wing are set-up with dihedral, so I will leave this as it is for the time being. Maybe in the frucer I will change to a flat wing top & bottom!

Also was told it ran very well on a 61 Engine by Rob as he had flown it afew weeks ago.

They didn't have a 61 in, so Rob sold me his Irvine 71 :shock: out of his old Red Panic for around 45 Pounds.

The only down side is, its still has the 6oz standard Pangers fuel tank inside, this will not be a problem because I can just fly it around on low throttle, as I have been told to!

But in the end I will most likely charge this to a bigger one! e.g 8oz

Should have it ready for this Sunday, there not much to do at all.......around 1 hours at the most!

As you may have seen in the photo I also just got a Bell Twister Medevac and haven't stop using it from when I got back around 10pm an till making this post!.

Was going to finish off whats needs to doing on the Bi-Pangster tonight, but ones you start, you can't stop with the Bell Twister!.......alot of FUN :lol::P

Ba$~@%^d!,

I had my eye on that Bi wing Prangster LOL!

I suppose with it stairing at you all day you could not resisit.

That is the only bad thing about working in a shop of intrest, it is like when I worked in a car accerssory shop, I had a the loudest banging, blinging SRI in town.

So how did the day of work go?

Ba$~@%^d!,I had my eye on that Bi wing Prangster LOL!

I suppose with it stairing at you all day you could not resisit.

Lol yes, in the end......Like a child in a sweet shop :lol:

That is the only bad thing about working in a shop of intrest, it is like when I worked in a car accerssory shop, I had a the loudest banging, blinging SRI in town.

Indeed! Got my eye on that Gyro-Copper thing now :shock:

So how did the day of work go?

Not to bad, only bummer is I have to work today "Saturday"

Well so much for that 1 hour building / finnishing it off, before I came to the field.....!!!

Next time I say "o, its only going to take a short time, should be easy". I now must add at the end " BS you fool! " :o

Well now I know for sure that a 61 size engine mount will not take a 71 engine size!

That's about all I can say / leaned today :P

So not much of a coming soon to an air field near you.........More like coming soon in 3 weeks or so!

Everything I need to get this E.P.P foam bird in the air is in my bag. And should be finnished by today!

A short list of things to do :-

Put in a 8oz fuel tank, replaceing 6oz?!,

Replace engine mounting with backplace type one,

Re-drill clowing for new rubber holder bolts /nuts,

Re-move old throttle servo,

Make a place / engine mouthing holder for Mini Servo,

Do some small other things to.... e.g like attach battery saver / display thing!

Will post photos later!

• 3 weeks later...

Afew weeks have passed now, after the Bi-Pangster maiden fly / mid-air :shock::P .

So now its back to the drawing board, with the little mouth of info. that I got out of its very short flight test...

Things to do!

1. Going to replace all the main wing support hon's with new ones, with these new ones I am also going to screw them in place as well.

The hon's that are there atm are just glue " Epoxy" in place.

2. To stop the wing moving "out of line" in flight. I am going to be adding what the Panic has at the end of the wings!

But with this Bi-Pangster they will not be at the end of the wings, but a few inch's in from the wing tip!

• 4 weeks later...

1. Has been finished.

2. Cut out and shaped and are ready to be put in place. But first I am going to fly with out them installed, to see if the same problem will happening now that I have redone the main supports.

Should be flying this Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

All went well, had around 2 flights :lol::P

After redoing the main struck's & end wing holders the wings didn't move at all in-flight. " Which is a good thing"

Before after only doing a few simple moves the wings would move out of place!

Also due to the wings not moving out of place, the plane flew a hell of alot better, if you get what I mean ?! :?

Also feels alot more fun to fly with out the dihedral in the wings to!

The second flight was the best, nobody else in the air at the end "it was dark, thats why :shock: ", and I did alot of low slow fig. of 8's & few other things....

The only down side is you have another wing to put on, and also all the bl00Dy supports have to be done up then un-done :(. Not an easy job to un-do in the dark!

And till next time :)

P.s Makes me want a Pitts Specials, so bad :lol: