This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Santa came early!!!!!!

Nutz

Santa dropped me prezzies off today

I have one question about assembly as the Instruction manual tells you to use 5 Min epoxy on the hinges and med CA on the horns, motor box reinforcement plates and throttle servo mount.

I am not sure if this is suffice on a IC airframe, maybe OK on electric, I find the design of the airframe similar to my EF 74" YAK in regards with the way it assembles and on the YAK is was 30 min epoxy for all of the stuff above??????

Just wondering if the CA will hold with vibrations?????

file.php?id=352&t=1

tn_IMAG4628.JPG.18b51968ab2e4f07a1aea87bcf0b3846.JPG

Well my questions have been answered and I have used half a bottle of Med Zap CA

I have started on the Katana 120 and so far I have mounted the under cart, sorted out the hardware kit, built the fuel tank and put on the reinforcement plates for the motor box as these kits were designed for electric and needs some mods to be IC.

The Seb-Art Angle is the same, it says to use CA for everything from hinges to horns :shock: These is not even a mentioned about epoxy at all!

I used CA on the horns etc etc, and like it said.....use CA to glue in the tail, I just did that :o

......Come to think of it I think I think I may have used both epoxy & CA to glue the horns in!

I had a good look at the Seb-Art Wing S on Monday, looks very nice, but 8Cell Li-Pos are needed!

So time will tell :lol:

• Club Members

Followed up on Ken's suggestion and found my local pound shop for cyano.

Got eight 3g tubes of cyano for a pound. The almost equivalent amount in a 25g bottle from the model shop is £3.

Having individual 3g amounts also cuts down on hassle unblocking nozzles etc.

:D

Well I prefer quality CA and that Katana has used almost full (medium sized) bottle of Zap CA (med), but not to worry I have a spare bottle. I only use the Zap products.

The Katana is now finished but I can't see it being run this weekend so I think I will start on the MD 530 tomorrow.