This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

What lipo for club trainer?

Hi All,

Shane and I have come across a tutor 40 converted to electric by Rod that we will be using for training. It is a trad’ 46 sized trainer and has a motor and esc. It doesn’t, however, have any batteries with it, and Shane and I have no clue what capacity or even cell count. I’m thinking a 4S 4500/5000mah. Does this sound about right?

Cheers guys,

B ;) 

• Club Members

Sorry Ben, I shall be going to Bovingdon on Sunday, weather permitting, so unless you want to come to my house before then, it will have to wait until Sunday week?

Oh, and I have to go to Guildford tomorrow at some point!

Peter

Well we have to get some rx's from rods for it anyway, so until then its staying asleep in my garage.

It has quite a big overlander motor, I'll tell you what later Em @ChasePlane

Would say see you all tomorrow, but its chucking it all day, so I'll see you all when I see you!

B :) 

p.s. And I wondered if anyone had some spare, but not broken standard servos they wouldn't mind donating to the club? I now have a wot trainer and a leccy tutor 40 for club training but they both contain very suspect servos. I don't mind how old they are, but I'd rather use some old ones taken care of by a club member than newer ones that have had a bad life.

Cheers,

B :) 

Edited by Pilot Ben