This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

In at the deep end!

Have decided to join the ranks of the Fun Fly Brigade to brush up on the long-lost aeros capabilities!  It's finished in Funereal Purple & Black Profilm so as to be ready for a fast track burial in the event of a finger seize-up during a rolling circle :lol: 

Thanks, Gavin!

Fusion3.jpg

Fusion2.jpg

Fusion1.jpg

Brilliant! Willing to join us at the interclub on the 29th? I particularly like the gold tipped prop! Looks fantastic...

How long did it take you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking to get one but don't have bags of time ATM.

B :) 

Thanks, Ben.

Don't know about the 29th. It may not fly!9_9. As for the time to build - a couple of hours each day for a week, I reckon. Most of the time taken up on sanding, covering and assembling the parts. The kit is nicely produced with excellent materials and slots together accurately.

For the first session ... the tail plane, elevator, fin, rudder & ailerons were 'blocked out' - that is glued up & pinned down onto a flat, waxed surface - then left to dry over night. The parts for the fuselage were cut out and prepared for assembly the next session. Time? Say 2+ hours

For the second session ... The fuselage sides were glued up, pinned down and the triangular fillets pinned into position and SuperPhatic adhesive applied and left to cure. All of the wing ribs were cut out, identified and prepared for the next session.  Time? A couple of hours.

... AND SO ON