This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

New Yak

My new Yak 55 before flight or two on Sunday.

HS 645Mg servos all round, Saito 72 on-board glow etc.

First flight great easy to fly very responsive and landing was easy.

Second flight decided to test roll rate and loops and after about two circuits on the far side of the field nose straight down and CRUNCH through the trees.

I tested all the electrics and found battery switch Rx and xtal all fine. Checked servos and found a possible short on the elevator servo looks like wire was pinched at some stage. But would not cause a short when tested on the ground even when vibrated and shaken.

Then turned to horns and rods and clevis's and found the elevator clevis stripped of the aluminum threaded push rod end.

And last but not least RIP yak.

P10-04-09_22_30.JPG.67c54df3f1e9966b6c9d4aed0dc241fd.JPG

P12-04-09_17_15.JPG.1d0cf61357bd6fccb1054a3a83304bf0.JPG

Sorry to hear about the plane André, it looks/looked really nice, what kit was it if you don't mind me asking?

Also was the tail surfaces flat or shapped?

I take it from the loss of elevator that it was 1 servo, control rod for both half's?

The kit was the Yak 55 sold by YT International with an IC conversion kits and a few modifications of my own to bolster the firewall and undercart.

The rear tail surfaces have an airfoil.

The clevis appears to have stripped away from the push rod or worked itself loose. I have ordered a set Pete Tindal linkages for a 90 size plane to resolve this problem for all the linkages , aileron, rudder and elevator.

pt.jpg.2946497cf415d619a8ca4afef055f875.jpg