This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Reasonably priced Tree Climber for retrieving planes

As many of you know, I recently had a plane stuck in the Oak tree at the end of the runway. It was stuck up quite high in the tree and there was no way I was going to be able to get it down. l checked with a few tree surgeons and everybody quoted £100 to get the plane down. Finally I came across Michael Howden. He agreed to do it for £40. He has even offered a repeat discount (10%) to anybody in the club as long they quote my name. I don't know how long the discount will last. But the young man seemed to know what he was doing and he did an excellent job climbing up and getting my plane wihtout further damage. His details are: Michael Howden - 07842558734. I have attached his visiting card as well. Hopefully this will help others in the club.

Michael_Howden.jpeg

• Club Members

That oak tree certainly grabs the models. I`m certain the thing is mounted on a moving trolley. As we know it grabbed Chris`s model on Sunday afternoon.  Image attached. It has already had my Super Chipmunk and my No 1 Ultra Stick!

Thanks for posting the details, Amol. Phone number now saved to my mobile.

IMG-20190902-WA0000.jpg

• 10 months later...

Its bound to happen at some point and being the age of most of us we are not going to be climbing trees. I have no problem getting up there it's the coming down thats the issue, so that is a very handy number. Thanks