This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Another Stampe build. Scratch built from Bulconcept plan. Rothmans Aerobatic Team aircraft of the 1970`s.

• Club Members

With my first Stampe build complete, it`s time for a second one!

Using the same French Bulconcept plan used with a short kit sourced from Guix Model, I decided to produce my own kit of reproduction parts and save the rather high cost of importing a second Guix kit.

Before building the Guix Model kit, I pen traced around all the parts onto appropriately sized core balsa and ply stock. I produced two reproduction kits for future use once I`d finished the first Stampe. The future has indeed arrived with the first Stampe being ready to fly. I`ve today started to build from one of my reproduction kits with fellow Crodon member, Martin Wood having aquired my second repro kit for his own use. Eventually, we might see three finished models all flying together.....One can but hope.

Now I have quite a mammoth task ahead. Cutting the balsa parts from sheet material is easy enough, but the plywood parts are going to take rather more effort. I`m fortunate to have a powerful, quiet and smooth running Draper fret saw in my workshop. It should make short work of the cutting but believe me when I say there is an awful lot of ply parts cutting to be done.

No images tonight in this first thread post. Once I`ve something to show, I`ll add more text and images to this new thread as the build takes shape.

Mike