This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

J3 Piper Cub Clipped Wing

Heres my latest creation. It is the J3 Piper Cub clipped wing from the Sig Kit.

traditional Balsa and ply construction with Solaartex covering and finished with Klass Kote epoxy paint in the scheme suggested on the plan . It is a little smaller than the one dave Stephens flew with great skill at the SMAS wing span is 65" and the power is from an ENYA 46 fourstroke . Looking forward to the frirst flight. Thanks to Darren who gave me the kit in the first place as it was surplus to his requirements.

Peter

Chris,

Thanks for your nice words. Love to be at the school but I have a previous. I will bring it to club night like to get some tips on airbrushing from you. I have a Paasche brush but it is very marginal on any paint that has some high pigment content so I have used a spray gun which was a freeby when I bought my compressor from Screwfix It worked very well but as always the hardest part is making and doing the masks etc. I have always thought that airbrushing would be a great subject for a club night.

Pet :plane: e

i am no expert on air brushing chaps. but if you need a hand peter with your brush let me now thanks .as for Priminister i dont think so :lol: but i will take the pay :lol: see you at school and bring an apple for theacher or a note if you wont to be excused for P.E