This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Avro Vulcan B2 Bomber

• Club Members

When i was flying it, I had to hold the elevator stick in almost the fully down position, to keep the nose up

So anyway, if i tried to centre the elevator, It just dropped like a stone,

Steve, 8)

Hence my comment re: possible reflex needed.......although you'd have to try low throttle effect to make sure it wasn't thrust line.......it's immediately evident from the video that when you relaxed, and the "held in" correction reduced, it instantly plummeted.

Bear in mind that a pusher with the prop well behind the CG needs the thrust line angle reversed from a front prop., and as it's a long way behind, the effect is increased.

I'll demo the effect of reflex on one of mine sometime...............

It certainly is value for money Steve - well, as long as your into it - I mean I'm not sure my wife would agree :D

Think how much pleasure you'd get from building something from the balsa up and then flying it - I tell you, nothing beats it :)

Mind you, I did enjoy refurbishing the acro wot with that silver, And the xtra wot,

Steve 8)

• Administrators

Right guys, I've got the proper widescreen edit uploaded now... You might want to expand the window to get the proper widescreen effect as the little default window "might" show it in square format....

Steve, you should be able to download the source file now, right from the same screen it plays from. The file I uploaded was just under 1GB in size, so I hope your not using dialup internet?? :shock:

URL is still the same: http://vimeo.com/13065629

I just replaced the original .avi file

• Administrators
Richard, The new version that you have just posted is great, I just watched it through, It is wicked. The sound is good too,

Steve, 8)

Indeed, the first version was pants... AVI files suck! I hope you managed to download it?

I love videoing peoples flying and showing people the laughs we all have, its great PR for a great club too :D ..

Steve, great thread, great little adventure, sorry I didn't get to see it. I'm going to do a vulcan one day with motor at front and folding prop. How about trying a smaller sheet foam version to "learn" the trimming, ie. c.g. and reflex? Can't see the video on my Linux netbook, will find another computer later to watch the video.

Thanks Alan

Yes it was a Great little adventure, Good luck with yours then, I think they do look good in the air, Nice shape,

I am thinking of getting something similar, Very soon, Maybe even a propjet :plane: ,

Steve, 8)