This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

SMAS Traders list - links to their websites!

• Administrators

Hey Guys

On the traders list on the SMAS website, the following links bring up either websites that take you away from the SMAS website, empty websites, or nothing.

A C Hawkins

> Website is practically empty (Lots of pages called "empty" in the navigation which doesnt look good for visitors)

Aerobatic Helicopter Association

> Needs to open in a new window so as not to take people away from the show website

CCRC Models

> URL is wrong and points to ccrcmodels.co.uk instead of ccrcmodels.com

Century UK

> URL needs to open in a new window (as above)

Horizon Hobby UK

> Link needs to open in a new window (As above)

Kent Air Ambulance

> Needs to open in new window

Mac's Mouldings

> URL is broken, it has a %20 in the link breaking the URL

Modelpower

> ULR needs to open in a new window

Nexus Modelling Supplies

> Needs to open in a new window

Optifuel

> Open in new window

Peak Tools

> No website, just some holding page

Roaming Robots

> Open in a New window

S & D Leisure Simulators Ltd

> Domain name doesnt exist so link doesnt work

Slec Ltd

> Website is up for sale, link needs removing

The Balsa Cabin

Tooleys R C Toys

Tools 2000

If you guys are busy, as I can imagine you are, I can go in and fix/edit the links if you like?

Thanks Richard,

When the traders register and pay they get the chance to add a URL for their website which we just transposed, it appears a lot have no idea what there website address actually is :shock: lol

Fixed a few bits but not really much I can do to about the bad sites, if they want a link aimed at a part finished or Odd site then "C'est la vie" !

Regards

Paul

• Administrators

HI Paul

Funny how us internet experts take our knowledge for granted, its easy to forget how others dont know much about it.

I guess, like when I joined the club a year ago and knew nothing about RC back then....

Shame really because from a visitors point of view, if I were to checkout the traders, I'd be thinking "What the heck" :shock:

I'm really glad Multiplex are going to be at the show though $$$$$$$$

• Club Members

Lol.

You'd better put a time lock on your credit card Richard. You can only use it for five minutes on each day of the show!! Oh, and only make 2 single item purchases per day in the Multiplex venue. :D:D

As regards the defective links it might be worth telling traders that if links they add to the SMAS website don't, or cease to function they will be removed after say, a month of being first reported.

The problem is that the majority of people looking at the website will blame the SMAS website itself, not the particular traders. This will degrade people's opinion/impression of the website with possible side effects on their intent to visit the show, no matter how small, if they aren't a returning visitor.