This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Phoenix in really wide screen!

• Administrators

Finally got to test out ATI's eyefinity setup this morning with Phoenix and its bloody awesome!!!

So much more peripheral vision makes a massive difference

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341396758.662223.jpg[/attachment]

• Administrators

Those are 3 x Dell 24" ultra bright screens, all on the same graphics card, all settings to maximum :-)

Very happy with it, after messing about for a week building a new custom pc to run it all :-)

• Administrators
Richard

You should maket your services to convert existing PC's for simulator users or offer to build a PC for a fixed price....keep you busy...

Problem is, most existing PC's cant fit the graphics card in that I bought, so I had to start from scratch and build my own PC.

Not sure I would really want people on my back about their PC though.. People are lazy, and bug you for absolutely everything because they cant be bothered to read the manual..

The problem in just using a bigger single screen is everything the n gets bigger, so you gain nothing other than everything on-screen is bigger, which is great, as you can sit further back, but you still dont get that peripheral vision that any single screen setup restricts you to.

3 x projectors and hell yeah, that would be mental :twisted:

Edited by Guest
  • Administrators
Richard, Out of interest, what is the spec of the PC you built (i.e. graphics card, cpu, case, power supply, mobo etc.)?

lol, I didnt want to brag, but as you asked...

Corsair 600T case

Corsair AX850w modular PSU

Corsair H100 twin fan Radiator cooler for CPU

Intel i7 CPU quad core HT @ 3.6gHz (New socket 2011 type)

Asus P9X79 pro systemboard

16GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Memory

ATI Radeon 6990 4GB Dual GPU graphics card (Supports 6 screens if needed)

2 x 450GB SSD hard drives in RAID0 (Always cold to the touch and silent)

The systemboard is totally awesome, and its onboard monitoring software is excellent..

So far, when running normal day to day stuff, web, emails, photo/video editing, it runs at about 24deg CPU and 30deg mobo temp, and when being pushed hard, the CPU temp climbs only as far as 37deg and the systemboard temp stay around 32deg the whole time, but you can program all the system fans to whatever speeds you like, for different temperatures..

It was the graphics card that started all this... Got it on eBay, used, for half price!!!!

Wouldnt fit in my little Dell 8100, so decided what the heck... Time for a new PC :D

I did have to fit 4 Antec quiet fans to the side door to get the motherboard temp down from 40deg to 30deg, but those fans are silent, they only run at 600rpm..

Oh, and dont forget the 2 blue CCFL lighting I put in it too lol...

• Club Members

Rich,

Now I know you've got time on your hands and you are probably going to need lots more with that amazing simulator setup!!!!! :mrgreen:

• Administrators
Rich,

Now I know you've got time on your hands and you are probably going to need lots more with that amazing simulator setup!!!!! :mrgreen:

Hiya matey.... Long time no see...

This setup is even more awesome when I plugin the Saitek flight yoke and all its "fluff", its bloomin mental :-)