This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

colour scheme

so i have metallic green kwik cote and a navy blue film (dunno which 1 though).

should i:

put the green all over except for the underneath of the wings and fuse.

or

put the green on the fuse and top of the wings and do the control surfaces in the blue and the bottom of all the wings.

or

does someone have a better idea with what to do with the 2 colours.

• Club Members

Green and Blue are not opposites on the colour wheel so do not contrast well.

So you can see it properly and not struggle to tell its attitude, a strong contrast between top and bottom is required. Opposites on the colour wheel are far more suitable, and the darker (but still bright) colour underside.

On the bottom, a strong contrast scheme is desirable. not for nothing do so many gliders have black/white stripes or strong colour/black stripes underside, and a top scheme which is either differing colours or if the same, often curved and mostly "along" the wing, contrasting well. Bear in mind that the underside will be in shadow a lot, what appears gaudy on the ground won't look so violent up there. Also bear in mind that the contrast between upper and lower will be affected by that natural shadowing effect.

I once watched someone come to grief as he'd applied a scheme that at height and with the shadow effect resulted in the top looking exactly the same as the bottom, lost it, and tent pegged it in, writing off everything on it, not even one servo survived unscathed!

Plenty of pictures on the Internet of commercial schemes.

well luckily i have finally done it all accept puting the elevator and rudder on, im too affraid to do the hinges as i wont put them on straight, i will however put pics up to show what ive done later on tonight so you can see what ive done and how i have set the contrasts up so i know which way is which.