This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Auction / Bring & Buy Idea

We have done this in the passed!

Three to Four years a go the turn out was very good, but over the years the B&B / Auction has got smaller and smaller. To the point of there was no point doing them. :(

We did have an Auction, earning this year. But the turn out of item's / people was very low!

I think the main reason it has died a death is due to, SMAS B&B, Club Forum and bring stuff to the field.

Anyway I will bring it up at the next comm. meeting!

The bottom line is, to make it a success. We need people to turn up, to make it work out! The last one, had a low turn out of members, which lead to a low turn out of stuff for the auction.....

P.s Also people have to bring money and that can be a problem, when buying something over £100+

i have an idea for u all with regards for the money side of things.

if say you have an auction, instead of taking cash with you, the winning bidder reserves the equipment until the next field day which they can bring the cash with them at that point and exchange cash and item then, saving the need to take cashon the club night.

Decisions about the running of club events I am afraid is down to club members only, but thanks for the suggestion

Sadly your idea would be almost impossible to implement successfully.