This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

How NOT to start a plane ...

• Club Members

To be honest Shane, there is no shortage of brainless "ijjits" on You Tube only too willing to show they are in the hunt to be a Darwin Award Winner if they live that long.

I have found it's best not to look.

• Club Members
That is nothing Shane as Dave says!

There was one I came across recently while looking for an easier path than explaining in full myself from scratch how I did it to someone where a guy had titled the video that he would be showing how to overcome a problem with a particular Blade Heli model which I knew was done by accessing a setup process which is undocumented in the manual.

Some time into the video, after telling how you do this and then that, he reaches a point where it doesn't do what he expected.

He then tries several times, with obviously increasing panic, but it doesn't work as he is saying. ( Well, it wouldn't, as he was doing it wrong!)

He then mutters "that didn't work" and the camera shakes and the video suddenly ends.

Now, I may be old and stupid, but I have a question.......................Why the ********** did he still post the thing for everyone to waste their time and be misled???

They walk amongst us........................................

• Club Members

There is a lot of it on the Tinternet! It amazes me, I guess some people don't really understand how dangerous some of the models can be if your not careful. No caution or care whatsoever in some of the vids :(

Shane :plane: