This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Hi guys

Would anyone consider giving me some flying tuition weekday evenings.

Having had a few lessons in the past, I am not a total novice and am willing to pay for your time.

Thanks in advance.

Darren Nowers

Hi Darren - in the first instance it would probably make sense to head to the club field on a Sunday around 11am onward - on a "nice" day should find plenty of people who can advise. The club offers training for free at weekends for (prospective) members. If weekdays are the only time you can do, I would have thought that in addition to finding a trainer available then, you'd need to join the club and definitely have BMFA insurance/membership to go down this route and use the club facilities. There are a few restrictions on flying in the later evening regarding IC power.

• Club Members

Hey, It does sound like a good idea to have some training in the week, especially as were starting to get the lighter evenings but in practice It's probably not that practical. A lot of the instructors work during the week and as Arun says, there are limits (noise limits) at the airfield to consider, also available light.

If you think that you might only have about 3 hours or less before it gets dark in the evening whereby the model is difficult to see, even for an experienced instructor - with a small break in between each flight that's only maybe 2-4 flights at the very best depending on the weather. One of many reasons training is done on the weekends, usually Sundays.

If you can make a Sundays, you can be very sure that there will be a whole team of instructors there more than happy to help in any way they can. :D

It's worth saying that when you are solo/ completed the A test you can fly during the week - there are members who can only fly during the week and hardly ever turn up at the weekends. The club doesn't recommend flying on your own without another person/member present for safety reasons but if you so desire, there are members who do.

I hope to see you at the field soon!

Shane :plane:

BTW: I don't believe the club charges for training in any shape or form, its offered as a part of your membership.

• Club Members
Hi guys

Would anyone consider giving me some flying tuition weekday evenings.

Having had a few lessons in the past, I am not a total novice and am willing to pay for your time.

Thanks in advance.

Darren Nowers

Glad you found your way here, from facebook Darren! I see you have had some contact with other members already. Probably be able to get some evening flying in, in about another month, when the light is around for longer (and warmer)!

TTFn Oily :wink: