This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

EF EDGE 540 profile

Nutz

I will get some pics of my one and do a brief write up, even though there is not much building involved in them.

I found out today that I am working this weekend so I think we should set a target for Sunday the 12th November providing the weather is good and the time scale is good for everyone else, I will try and run my engine in on the Saturday so it will be ready for the Sunday.

I was going to do a re-build posted of the re-build, but there isn't much to talk about / show photos of.

The main problem's I have with this plane atm is.....

1. I can't put in in my loft..."to big"

2. Not sure if I can get it into my brother car " lol"

3. I wanted to finish off my Panic, before doing this.

4. Also need to run in the OS 60FX :lol: " I wish :( , only have crapo SC 61 "

Anyway I will try and finish it off before the 12th, there not much to do anyway.

LOL also mine will look like its been thought both world wars, when I do get it up to the field !

Edited by Guest

Joe,

I just need to do my aileron linkage and mount fuel tank and engine the she is complete.

With regards to the aileron linkage is there any change of a photo of yours (or even Stephens if he still has servos/linkage in his one).

The only reason I ask is that with the servo in place the linkage rod runs at a slight angle to the pre cut slot in the wing. This makes the aileron linkage from the front of the wing run outwards towards the rear of the wing at a sort of angle.

I will try to link a picture tomorrow to show you what I mean,

The time is nah.

I am going to buy some new boxershorts today in preperation for the first flight.

I am going to strap engine and fuel tank in today and do the throttle linkage. Then she will be ready

• 1 month later...

Here are some pics of my Edge 540, I have just replaced the stabs/elevator as one side completely broke in flight, the only other damage was a dent in the front of the fuselage which I filled and covered and the force of the crash also forced the battery through the spare in the wing which I have re-glued into place.

Replacing the elevator proved trouble some as I did not want to remove the rudder so I had to break the counter weight form the elevator and fit it then glue the counter weight back on and patch up the covering. Also the slot for the elevator was too big on the fuselage so I had to pack with a thin layer of ply.

Here the pics after the repair, you can also see where I put the carbon stiffeners down the side of the fuselage and I will add some photos of the landing gear mod (credit goes to Stephen) that breaks on heavy landing (better than ripping the fuselage apart)

IMAG3086.jpg

IMAG3087.jpg

IMAG3088.jpg

IMAG3090.jpg

IMAG3082.jpg

IMAG3085.jpg

IMAG3083.jpg

IMAG3084.jpg

Here is the landing gear mod.

I have glued some wood squares to each side of the fuselage for the landing gear to mount to, I then used plastic wing bolts to secure the landing gear. They are OK for normal landings but in crashes or really bad/heavy landings the plastic bolts will break which will hopefully do less damage to the fuselage…………………It has always worked for me so far.

Also in the previous pictures you may have seen a black strip down each side of the fuselage, these are carbon strips to prevent the fuselage flexing and breaking.

IMAG3105.jpg

IMAG3104.jpg

IMAG3106.jpg

IMAG3108.jpg

IMAG3109.jpg