This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Models Wanted

Wanted

I’m trying to locate some models from my modelling past and would be very grateful for either plans, kits or airframes of any of the following that you might have hidden away in your lofts:

Arrow Models Midge Trainer

Aviette Moonshiner or Magnum

Mick Reeves Racketeer

Cambrian Grumman Traveller

Cambrian Instructor

Veron Impala

Solent Sailplanes Ridge Racer / Recruit

Kamco Kittyhawke

Miri 100

Skyleader Skymaster

MFA Sperber

Any help would be much appreciated.

James.

• Club Members

James, maybe those rose tinted glasses need removing or at least cleaning, as below is a fairly typical it seems Racketeer review:-

"The Racketeer was a mundane aerobatic trainer let down even further by the godawful kitting that has been a Mick Reeves trademark for years. The Racketeer's rolled ply fuselage was both noisy and fragile, and it's control surfaces were too small and thin to be good enough for smooth aerobatics. These combined with the worst, weakest, spongiest balsawood ever used in model aviation (another Mick Reeves trademark) meant that at anything above 50mph they would usually flutter like a buzzy fluttery thing. The model flying sites of Britain probably fringed with more tent-pegged "fluttered Racketeers" than trees..."

If even half true, Oh Dear................. :shock:

If still imbued with that rosy sense of the past that afflicts us all, at least you may be able to wave this review (one of several I found) in front of the kit owner and get a decent price!! :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

I have a BNIB in box (I purchased it new), only opened to take pictures, box is a bit tatty and has the usual storage marks on it but contents are pristine with all paperwork as supplied inside. It is now on the market as I am trying to downsize my collection.

If interested you are invited to make an offer for it, the postage would be £15.00 UK mainland.

If replying, please send to: brian_shep@tiscali.co.uk

Regards

Brian