This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Website changes / upgrades

• Administrators

Hi Dave

What browser are you using on your device?

I have so far tested it with Safari, Firefox and Chrome on the iPhone5, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini and iPad Air, and everything does what it is meant to.

You shoud get the "Burger menu" thingy in the top left, those 3 little bars, which then open the menu with + signs next to each item that has sub-menu items..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have edited almost every post in this thread, as it seems a LOT of the formatting imported with loads of extra hidden spaces from the old software. Have updated the main website links now too.

Website problemo sorted. Found the cause of it too and fixed that whilst I was at it. Love how this free software costs hundreds in man hours to stop it falling over all the time

Done................ PM.

Posted Images

• Club Members

Ben might have inadvertently induced confusion, I have NO problems with the Forum if I address to it directly, but as per first post on this if I go to the main Website front page, navigation onwards to any path is very very sluggish or not at all, which I discovered by trying to get to the Forum that way. I get the menu item highlighted immediately when clicked, "activate" sound, but nothing results.

Samsung, Android, it has whatever the default browser is!! (The old forum was OK direct AND via the Website portal), It does not affect me now I know and have set to go direct, but this just might be stopping people using the website if new and unfamiliar.

• Administrators

Nope, no confusion here mate, understood what you said perfectly, both times :D

If you can find out what web browser your phone is using, that would be the only info I need.

When you look at the homepage, do you get the little box with 3 lines in, which when clicked, opens the website menu, and some items have a + next to them?

If you do, its the + you need to click on to expand that menu item, as clicking on the menu item itself doesn't do anything.

H01.png

H02.png

Edited by Rich
Formatting
  • Club Members

Hi Richard,

What I get is a plain white page with fairly large table in black print:-

Home

Contact the club

Events Calender

Learning to Fly

Meet CAMFC

Membership

RC News

If I scroll down this disappears, still plain white. If I scroll back up, the text reappears, but now smaller. Over on the right of the visible area is a large "be" and under that a smaller "ry to use a", obviously masked but cannot be made more visible.

Can't see anywhere that will tell me which browser, looked all over!!

I'll ask Fred Flintstone, I borrowed the phone from him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Bravedan said:
Not a lot of help there either, its a world!

World with a fox wrapped around the bottom? (FireFox)

World only coloured blue in the shape of an E? (Internet Explorer)

World in 3 colours that looks like that old game "Simon says"? (Google Chrome)

• Administrators

Website problemo sorted. Found the cause of it too and fixed that whilst I was at it.

Love how this free software costs hundreds in man hours to stop it falling over all the time :shock:

• Club Members

Richard,

The Club Rules attachment in the Members area posted by Rod "Hotrod" does not now download or display correctly in either Windows 7 or Windows 10.

It only displays "CROYDON AIRPORT MODEL FLYINDeLUB1" and then several error messages result

An older copy of the same file I downloaded in June does display correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Have edited almost every post in this thread, as it seems a LOT of the formatting imported with loads of extra hidden spaces from the old software.

Have updated the main website links now too.

• Club Members

A lot of work!  Good Stuff!!

For info, Rich, your wording seemed to suggest that the old password would not work on Login, however using Firefox mine did.

In Members Only, there used to be a section to discuss generally anything needed to be mentioned away from public gaze. It seems to have gone, with only "Flying Diary", "Newsletters" and "Slope Soaring"  Would you confirm please which bits are accessible to Committee approved Members Only and which are public access?

Could you also have a look sometime at the order that Forum sections appear as some little used sections appear at the head of the list forcing scrolling down to what you want to access regularly, for example (but not exclusively) in the main menu "Southern Model Airshow" and "CAMFC Abroad". I know that's how it used to be on the old Forum but its not ideal, esp when accessing from small screen portables.

• Administrators

Hi Dave

Password info and wording was very deliberate. Wish you had asked me that privately. Oh well.

Members only chit chat now restored, but it seems the import merged the 2 together as it saw 2 forums with the same name. Am now seperating them thread-by-thread.

Regarding what is accessible to members and non-members, log yourself out and you will see everything that non-paying members see. It does also say it on the foeum section titles "CAMFC Members"

Will look at re-ordering the sections. I dare not rush it though, as I fear you have another 10 things to add to the to-do list should I complete the adjustments too fast? lol :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Club Members
8 minutes ago, Pilot Ben said:

Just thought I'd point out that emotions is spelt wrong in the writing tools options:D:PxD and has been driving me mad for weeks (just kidding)

B;)

Might have been spelt wrongly if he'd intended to say emotion but then of course he didn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoticon

So, your point was??  :ph34r:

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Lots of changes to things these last 10 days, forum software upgraded, main website upgraded and some significant improvements made to site speed and server software it runs on.

In English, it should be quicker, stays secure and is coming into-line with GDPR because you now ALL need to login and give the club permission to send you newsletters. If you don't, you will not get them.