This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Website changes / upgrades

• Administrators
Trevor said:
Hi Richard

Good job on the website

Is TAPATALK enabled for the forum? The app doesnt seem to recognise CAMFC anymore

Cheers

Hi Trevor

Nope. No need, its now smartphone friendly, so doesn't require any additional software.

Not just the forum either, the entire website :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have edited almost every post in this thread, as it seems a LOT of the formatting imported with loads of extra hidden spaces from the old software. Have updated the main website links now too.

Website problemo sorted. Found the cause of it too and fixed that whilst I was at it. Love how this free software costs hundreds in man hours to stop it falling over all the time

Done................ PM.

Posted Images

Hi Richard, I'm getting "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum." when trying to access the new General Multirotor forum. I've tried logging out and back in again but still cannot access.

Thanks for all the hard work on the new forum, sorry to be a bother :)

• Administrators

Mark Fry said:
Hi Richard, I'm getting "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum." when trying to access the new General Multirotor forum. I've tried logging out and back in again but still cannot access.

Hi Mark

I think I have now resolved it. You are currently still just a "Registered user".

Are you a Paid up member of the club? (That feels like a really stupid question)

• Club Members

The convention on forums until now has been that only the forums under "CAMFC Members" are restricted to members only - the others are public. I think that "CAMFC Members" is hidden to non-members, which also has the effect of hiding the forums under it.

• Administrators
martin said:
The convention on forums until now has been that only the forums under "CAMFC Members" are restricted to members only - the others are public. I think that "CAMFC Members" is hidden to non-members, which also has the effect of hiding the forums under it.

I know. Wasn't why I was asking..

Richard said:
Mark Fry said:

Hi Mark

I think I have now resolved it. You are currently still just a "Registered user".

Are you a Paid up member of the club? (That feels like a really stupid question)

Hi Richard, I am a fully paid up member... and I can also now see the General Multirotor forum :) Cheers!

• Administrators
Mark Fry said:
Hi Richard, I am a fully paid up member... and I can also now see the General Multirotor forum :) Cheers!

Thanks Mark, that answers 2 questions perfectly :D

• Administrators
Lofty said:
Just out of interest! Why has everybody post count gone down.....What is / was the reason?

Did old posted get deleted?

Sadly I have absolutely no idea why that happened. I know and understand everything I have done, and I did spot it the day it happened, as I saw my own posts go down dramatically too, from 1000+ to 200+, but could see nor find any logical reason for it..

I can see some posts were deleted, but nowhere near the amount of what the post counts when doen by.

Handfuls of posts deleted, yet post counts when down hundreds per-person...

• Administrators
Bravedan said:
Hi Richard,

Any plans to add the Identity Information to get a specific CAMFC Icon attached to links, bookmarks, etc please?

:shock::?

If you can show me some examples of what you mean, I can then see what info is being used from our website and adjust as needed..

Have only now just found an ideal calendar for the website and will populate it over the next few days with the info I copied from old one..

Newsletter facility coming next :-)

• Club Members
Richard said:
Trevor said:
Hi Richard

Good job on the website

Is TAPATALK enabled for the forum? The app doesnt seem to recognise CAMFC anymore

Cheers

Hi Trevor

Nope. No need, its now smartphone friendly, so doesn't require any additional software.

Not just the forum either, the entire website :D

Hi Richard,

It is mobile friendly as you say. However, several of us look at other forums as well using TapaTalk and it is very convenient to have all the forums in the same list. It would be nice if the CAMFC one could be enabled for TapaTalk, is this possible?

• Administrators
Trevor said:

Hi Richard,

It is mobile friendly as you say. However, several of us look at other forums as well using TapaTalk and it is very convenient to have all the forums in the same list. It would be nice if the CAMFC one could be enabled for TapaTalk, is this possible?

Hi Trevor

Whilst I'm sure it very likely can be, after the agro it caused in upgrading the forum software, and the headache I had removing it just to get the upgrade to run, I would err on the side of "Keeping things simple", just due to lack of hours in a day in maintaining yet another app/addon.

I don't know enough about Tapatalk backend either, as I have deliberately avoided it due to many problems with it, and as so many websites are going mobile friendly now, it might feel like a backwards move?

• Club Members
Richard said:
Bravedan said:
Hi Richard,

Any plans to add the Identity Information to get a specific CAMFC Icon attached to links, bookmarks, etc please?

:shock::?

If you can show me some examples of what you mean, I can then see what info is being used from our website and adjust as needed..

Have only now just found an ideal calendar for the website and will populate it over the next few days with the info I copied from old one..

Newsletter facility coming next :-)

I mean the icon that appears with the name in (say) the bookmarks toolbar in FireFox, etc. It used to be a little yellow plane, now its a dull almost monochrome world.

• Club Members
Pilot Ben said:
Hi Rich,

The "new posts" isn't showing new posts. they are all 2/3 days old???? :P

B

Working here.....................it lists my one above, and you cannot get much newer than that................

Its up to date now, but it wasn't 2/3 hrs ago...................

I'll think I'll manage.

In the old forum, when you got a pm, or a topic you were watching changed, you got an e-mail. Is there a way to do this with the new forum, as it was really really useful.

Thankyou,

B :lol::P:wink:

• Administrators

Ben, many thanks. So long as it is working, its way down on the list of things to do right now..

If there is a problem, before we all jump on me to "fix it", can we first establish if it is limited to you or if others are having the same issue.

Just like the "New posts", mine show up just fine, and I test these things across 4 computers with 4 different web browsers, hence just clicking on something is not classed as testing. It needs to be checked carefully on different operating systems with different browsers.

Also, your forum signature makes it very difficult to read your posts, due to the amount of text it puts on-screen.

Currently I'm working on the events calendar, with the developer of the calendar app. Havent spent too much money so far :shock:

Richard

Anyway to have the forums so we can edit post's again after some time!

I can edit newish posts, but post's that are like 2 days old I can't edit anymore! I know some other forums that are also like this for reasons etc etc.......

Thanks

• Administrators

Steve

Have sent you a PM regarding this, but on the whole, editing is limited to 60 minutes and deleting posts is disabled.

Update on the images, it seems a lot of the corrupted images have links to "tapatalk" :(

• Club Members
Richard said:

Hi Mark

Yes, he is............... 8)

• Club Members

Hi Richard,

Tried my phone today for the first time (Android, Samsung) as prep for reporting slope situation from site.

It found the club home page list quickly (with no graphics to worry about which is good).

However, when trying to get to the Forum from the menu, I found that all menu options started a "build bar" but then stalled with no further action.

Going direct to http://www.camfc.co.uk/social worked, up came the forum OK.

Dave